The little girl puppet that transforms into an ogre is coming together well and seems like it may work.
I had to make the girl's hollow head to fit the ogre inside. I decided to use non-slip shelf lining material to build the head shape and cover it with pieces of an old fine knit cardigan. Then use unraveled cardigan to make the hair.
I made the head in two parts and attached them at the neck, front and back. I made the neck from the neck of a plastic bottle to give a good rigid support to the head.
The two halves of the head are tied at the top with a ribbon and when this is loosened the two halves drop down and out comes the ogre!
After testing the head worked I drilled a hole under the girl's chin and stitched it to the neck and attached it to the ribbon at the top. I then stitched hair to the head.
I have made fabric hands and lower legs so now need to make a dress to finish the puppet.
I have too many things on the go and all at early stages but I will finish the Devil in the Cupboard soon. He is actually in the cupboard I just have to finish the other characters and string the mechanism. Anyway here is a little taster of some of the other things I am making.
A flower that will have a bug land on it's behind
And 'The Sabotage of the Amazing Catsos' Trapeze Act'.